I adhere to the UK government guidance for working in other people’s homes, which can be found online at https://www.gov.uk/guidance/working-safely-during-coronavirus-covid-19/homes
The current guidance (as of 29th December 2020) that applies to areas in Tier 1 to Tier 4 is:
· Regular hand washing.
· Ask householders to leave internal doors open to minimise contact with door handles and ensure flow of fresh air.
· Minimise contact as much as possible and maintain 2m distance. (use face mask if 2m distance isn't possible)
· Use of face masks is mandatory in public places.
· Take breaks in own vehicle.
In addition to the above, it is my policy to carry out the following additional measures:
· Wearing of face masks when inside private residences where the occupants may be particularly vulnerable to viruses or should the occupants require it.
· I carry alcohol hand gel in my vehicle and clean my hands regularly.
· Checking on arrival at premises that everybody is well and that nobody is self-isolating and confirming to occupants that I am also well.
· Politely declining any offers of refreshments from the occupants of premises I am working in.
· When picking keys up from agents etc., being mindful of maintaining 2m social distance and exchanging keys by way of contactless transfer such as placing the keys onto a table top rather than exchanging them directly from person to person.
· Sending any necessary documentation (such as invoices, receipts etc.) via email rather than paper copy.
This list of measures is not necessarily exhaustive - I am mindful that, for some people, the Covid virus causes a great deal of anxiety and so, in addition to the above, I adhere to any further reasonable requests by the customer when working in their home.
In the event that works can not be carried out due to Covid (Customers self-isolating, illness etc.) I will endeavour to re-arrange the works at the earliest convenience following the isolation period where possible and depending on my schedule.
Chris Richards (Richards Maintenance)